September 20, 2011

Porteus Linux : Make USB Pen Drive Bootable Sctipt Execution Problem With Solution

Hi all,

Today I have come across one interesting problem with the Porteus Linux.

I formatted my USB drive with ext2 filesystem.

I was trying to make USB drive bootable by executing lin_start_here.sh, after installing the Porteus.
It was displaying the md5 checksum computation error. But I am sure that, md5 checksum is correct, Because I have already executed the porteus/chkbase.sh separately

So, I have reviewed the code of lin_start_here.sh and I come to know the it is executing the boot/syslinus/bootextlinux.sh. I also reviewed the bootextlinux.sh and I come to know that, it is trying to execute the following command.

pushd ../porteus --Change to the porteus directory and maintain the stack of dirs
sh chkbase.sh -- Results error
popd --Pops the porteus directory from stack and comes to its previous directory


Please give write file permission to boot/syslinus/bootextlinux.sh and then


Please modify it as following
pushd ../porteus
./chkbase.sh
popd


Now run the following commands
cd boot
./lin_start_here.sh

 Please write your feedback and comments to psrdotcom@gmail.com

No comments:

Featured Post

Java Introdcution

Please send your review and feedback to psrdotcom@gmail.com