Today when I connected my Nexus 7 tab, I was unable to see the drive and folder structure. But in the file explorer it is able to detect the Nexus 7 by showing the icon. When you double click to view the files, there is nothing.
- After googling, the following solutions worked for me.
- Go to device management
- Right click Android ADB Interface and do uninstall
- After uninstalling the drivers, change the USB type in Nexus to PTP and immediately change to MTP
- Unplug and plug the Nexus to your PC
- Now the system will re-install the driver
Android 6.0.1 Upgrade fixAfter installing the driver, device might be recognized but we need to change the "Use USB for options" from any one of the following options
- Select the "USB for file transfer - Touch for more options"
- You will be prompted to choose any one of the following
- File transfers
- Photo transfers
- Go to "Settings->Developer Options"
- Go to "Select USB Configuration" setting
- Choose "MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)" for transferring the files
Please send your feedback and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org