If you haven't used your Android skills in recent times with latest Java then, you might come across a situation where the SDK Manager and AVD Manager are not working.
IssueSDK Manager and AVD Manager are not working.
EnvironmentJava 9 with Android SDK 23
NoteThough, I am able to perform development using Android Studio but when it come to update the SDK build tools and others, I was not able to update with SDK Manager.
- Now, Android SDK Manager have moved to sdk/tools/bin with filename sdkmanager.bat
- Edit the sdkmanager.bat file with any text editor
- Go to "@rem Execute sdkmanager" command
- Update the command with options: -XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions --add-modules java.se.ee
- It should look like below after you add the arguments
- @rem Execute sdkmanager
"%JAVA_EXE%" %DEFAULT_JVM_OPTS% -XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions --add-modules java.se.ee %JAVA_OPTS% %SDKMANAGER_OPTS% -classpath "%CLASSPATH%" com.android.sdklib.tool.sdkmanager.SdkManagerCli %CMD_LINE_ARGS%
NoteThere is nothing like platform-tools folder now in Android SDK.
So, make sure that you have specified ANDROID_HOME/SDK in your environment variables with your system/pc Android SDK folder
In PATH environment variable, you can specify %ANDROID_HOME%/tools/bin
Thanks for reading my blog. Feel free to post your comments below. Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org