Today we are going to see, how we can run or deploy the Go (Golang) project in IIS.
- Create your Golang project with web APIs
- Build the Go project
- Go build
- Result will be an .exe file
- Create a web.config file
- Update the following content
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<add name="aspNetCore" path="*" verb="*" modules="AspNetCoreModule" resourceType="Unspecified" />
<aspNetCore processPath=".\<<GoProject>>.exe" />
- Place the <<GoProject.exe>> and web.config in IIS server accessible folder.
- Open IIS
- Create a new website
- Enter the web app details with port different from the project internal port
- Create or choose pool with .NET CLR version as "No managed code"
- The configured website looks like below
- After starting the website, user should be able to access the APIs
Hope, this information helps you to deploy the GOlang project in IIS.
Request you send your feedback and comments to email@example.com