If you like to add or manage your website on Ubuntu, its very easy to do so. Just follow these steps.
1) Get your site ready, copy it to /var/www  folder. Make sure that you have one initial file to start.
2) Navigate to apache folder [Default path: /etc/apache2]
3) To make your site available, please navigate to sites-available folder
$) cd /etc/apache2/sites-available
4) Copy the existing 000-default file and edit for our usage
Ex: $ sudo cp 000-default your_website
5) Change the “DocumentRoot”
Ex: /var/www to /var/www/your_website
6) Change the “Directory”
Ex: /var/www/ to /var/www/your_website
7) Disable currently active site
Syntax: sudo a2dissite 000-default
8) Activate your site
Syntax: sudo a2ensite your_website
It is as simple as that. Enjoy browsing your website.
 – It is not mandatory to copy your website to /var/www but its an usual procedure. Please change the /var/www/your_website to your corresponding directory and make sure that folder has proper permissions.
Please send your comments and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org