I was thinking that, How can I get rid of carrying DVD to install OS on friend's laptop. When I googled, I got some useful info and want to share with you ppl.
Please use the following commands to make USB Bootable with Windows OS
STEP 1: Make USB Ready to made bootable
1) Run Diskpart, In Windows Vista and 7 it has come default, I think in Windows XP you need to install Diskpart.
2) New Window with Diskpart as prompt will be opened.
3) See the connected disks by running
DISKPART> list disk
4) Select the USB disk with its name of the list disk command output. The output usually comes as disk 0, disk 1 etc.
DISKPART> select disk 1
5) Clean the disk by typing the command
6) Make the disk partition as primary
DISKPART> create partition primary
7) Select the partition
DISKPART> select partition 1
8) Activate the partition
9) Format the partition with NTFS filesystem
DISKPART> format fs=NTFS
10) Type following command to exit
Now the disk is formatted and ready to made bootable
STEP 2: Make USB Bootable
Make USB drive as bootable by executing following commads
1) Insert or mount the Windows OS disk
Ex: DVD Drive path say G:
2) Use the bootsect.exe to make the USB bootable.
a) Open CommandPrompt
b) Change the directory to G:
c) Change to boot directory
G:> cd boot
d) Run the following command to make USB Bootable, assume USB drive is H:
G:/boot> bootsect /nt60 h:
3) Close the command prompt
STEP 3: Copy OS to USB
Say Example Windows OS DVD drive is G: and USB Drive is H:
Run the following commands to copy the contents from DVD to USB
i) cmd> G:
ii) G:> copy *.* h: /Y /V (or) xcopy /s *.* h:/
STEP 4: Install Windows OS from USB Drive
Please restart and boot from the USB drive to install Windows OS
Please send your valuable feedback to email@example.com
Please send your review and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi everyone, I booked my train ticket even it is in WaitingList. Because, I guessed that, It will get confirmed when chart prepares. Aft...
Hi friends, I have updated my Aadhaar details from Aadhaar update center. It is mentioned that within 72 hours, my details will be update...
Hi friends, I have mistakenly typed the ATM pin 3 times at ATM. My ICICI card was blocked. This was the second time, it happened to me. I h...