Hi MacUbuntu Users,
I have upgraded Ubuntu 11.04 to 11.10 in Early MacBook Pro 13" (8,1) Model and the upgrade steps as follows.
1. We should have EFI boot enabled on the MacBook as per my previous post
2. Copied the Ubuntu 11.10_amd64+mac.iso to boot folder in the USB (as per the instructions from the EFI Boot)
3. Renamed the Ubuntu 11.10_amd64+mac.iso to boot.iso
4. Restarted the system and Hold the Option button
5. Select EFI (USB) to boot from the 11.10
6. After OS loading, click on Install 11.10 shortcut icon from the Desktop
7. Select Upgrade 11.04 to 11.10 option
8. Select timezone
9. Import 11.04 contacts, firefox bookmarks etc
10. It will take some time to copy and reinstall the packages
11. I got a error like, some packages are properly installed, please install manually.
12. After successfully upgrading the OS, reboot the mac.
13. When EFI display comes, please select EFI partition manager to update the grub
14. Once it has updated the grub, restart the mac and remove the USB pendrive
15. Now, you can boot to your Ubuntu 11.10 on MacBook Pro
16. Now, we need to install the wireless drivers. Please follow my previous post.
17. Then enjoy the latest Ubuntu on MacBook Pro
If you have any queries, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your review and feedback to email@example.com
Hi everyone, I booked my train ticket even it is in WaitingList. Because, I guessed that, It will get confirmed when chart prepares. Aft...
Hi friends, I have mistakenly typed the ATM pin 3 times at ATM. My ICICI card was blocked. This was the second time, it happened to me. I h...
Hi friends, I have updated my Aadhaar details from Aadhaar update center. It is mentioned that within 72 hours, my details will be update...