One of my friend asked me about how we can check whether ping/network is active or not?
He suggested that, if we have a shortcut command icon on desktop to create ping command then it would be easy for any naïve user to check whether ping/network is active or not?
Creating Ping command shortcut with google.com
- Right click on the desktop
- Select “New” from the pop-up menu
- Choose “Shortcut” option
- Enter “cmd.exe /K ping google.com” as type of location of the item
- Click on “Next” button
- Enter “Ping Google” as name for the shortcut
- Click on “Finish” button
- Now you will be able to view a shortcut icon on desktop with name “Ping Google “ name
- When you run (Double click/Select and Enter) the “Ping Google”, you will be able to see that the command prompt displaying the content of running a ping to google.com
Send your feedback and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org