From long time, I was thinking of modifying my default boot option to Windows instead of Ubuntu. Finally today, I've done those changes in my laptop.
My system has Windows 10 and Ubuntu 14.04 dualboot and Ubuntu OS is my default boot option with 10 seconds timeout.
I thought of sharing the information with everyone.
Please open the terminal and run the followin commands in sequence
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install grub-customizer
Please follow the below step to do the necessary changes in boot order
- Open the grub-customizer
- Grub customizer lists the installed OS with versions
- Rename the OS entry by right clicking and selecting "Rename" option [Optional]
- Choose the default boot option by navigating to "General Settings"
- Select options from "predefined" entry
- Click on "Save" option to save all the changes.
- You can revert the changes by clicking the "Revert" option, if you feel like going back to original/initial options
Hope it would help you in changing the default boot order
Please send your comments and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org