I am using Pl/Sql Developer IDE to connect different databases and performing different database operations at the same time. Its been proved that Pl/Sql developer is very useful tool for sql and/or plsql statement/query execution.
What I liked in Pl/Sql Developer are
- Select some part of the query and execute the selected part in the query. I liked it very much.
- Export output result to excel as a table
- Code assistant which will display all the tables in that schema when you entered your_schema_name.
- Working in different windows like SQL window, Test window, Program window, Command window and Diagram window at the same time
- Macros which can do certain action once recorded
What I have learn today is
i) Logon History
Are you able to remember all the username and passwords of different databases?
Fed up of typing username and password everytime when logging?
Use "Fixed Users" option in Logon History Preferences
We can create different menus to differentiate users or type of logons
- More than one users under the same menu should be in next line
- Avoid @ usage in password because database delimeter is @ so it will treat first @ onwards as database
pl/sql developer will treat
Because first @ onwards it will treat as database.
We can have many menus with many logon to connect different databases with very less effort.
Click the Logon Button Arrow and select the menu->username/password@database
It will get connected automatically without typing username and password
Very Useful .. Try it
ii) Auto Replace facility
Open Pl/Sql Developer->Click on Tools->Preferences->Select Editor Preferences
Scroll down to AutoReplace tab and use the syntax and example to use the facility
example: saf = select * from
When you type saf and space then you can see select * from as a replacement of saf