If you are familiar with MS-Access database creation and wants to covert your database to SQLite without putting all your efforts again.
If you database already exists in MS-Access and you want to have that in SQLite for mobile development. Its now a cake-walk like conversion
Here is an easy process to do that.
- Download from https://code.google.com/p/mdb-sqlite/downloads/list
- Extract the file, you will be getting mdb-sqlite folder with below file structure
- Open Command Prompt and navigate to mdb-sqlite folder
- Run “ant dist” command (without quotes")
- Once the build successful, it will generate dist\main.jar and dist\mdb-sqlite.jar files
- You can use these jar files to covert your ms-access database to sqlite database with the following command
- Syntax :-
- java -jar dist\mdb-sqlite.jar source.mdb output.sqlite
- Example :-
- java –jar dist\mdb-sqlite.jar employee.mdb employee.sqlite