Today I come across running SLAX in VMWare. I got some information after googling and I modified accordingly to install in VMWare.
Please follow this procedure to install SLAX on VMWare
1. Open VMWare Workstation
2. Create New Workstation by selecting File->New (or) Just Clicking on New Virtual Machine icon
3. Click Other Operating System
4. Don't get panic even it shows, operating system not detected
5. Select appropriate options and start the virtual machine
6. Select the Graphical Mode KDE option for booting
7. It will display KDE Environment
8. Open konsole/command prompt and execute the following commands
9. Create a partition (type 83 Linux), # cfdisk
10. Select New->Primary for disk creation.
11. Select Type->83(Linux) for file system
12. Select Bootable Flag
13. Select Write to confirm the settings
14. By now, we have one disk created for installing the SLAX Operating System
15. # mke2fs /dev/hda1
Note: Here /dev/hda1 because we have selected drive type as IDE at SLAX VMWare installation. If we select SCSI, it will show /dev/sda1
16. # mkdir /mnt/hda1
17. # mount -t ext2 /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
18. # cp -rf /mnt/live/mnt/hdc/* /mnt/hda1/ -- Copying CDROM Contents
Note: /mnt/live/mnt/hdc is the cdrom which detected in OS. Path may change, when you trying. So, please see on which location the cdrom is mounted and specify that path to copy the contents.
19. # cd /mnt/hda1/boot
20. # sh liloinst.sh
21. When script is running, it will ask us to press ENTER; Please do it.
22. Now we have successfully installed the SLAX on VMWare
23. Please reboot the OS just by entering # init 6
25. Enter startx to view the KDE environment
Please send your review and feedback to email@example.com
Hi friends, I have updated my Aadhaar details from Aadhaar update center. It is mentioned that within 72 hours, my details will be update...
Hi everyone, I booked my train ticket even it is in WaitingList. Because, I guessed that, It will get confirmed when chart prepares. Aft...
For the academic purpose i had written a small program in Matlab. I have tried encoding and decoding the image by using Huffman coding. ...