May 11, 2012

Ubuntu Customization Kit (UCK) Problem Solved in 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi friends,

I had an issue with UCK (Ubuntu Customization Kit) in Ubuntu 12.04.

Problem:
After selecting the language pack, the UCK crashes. It doesn't show the error also.

Solution:
  • I have uninstalled it completely.
  • I have delete the folder /usr/lib/uck --Doesn't know this is right cause
  • I have updated my Ubuntu 12.04 with latest updates --For no reason, Just tried my luck
  • Then I have tried to do as mentioned in the link.
  • This problem was resolved but a new problem came into picture i.e. resolve.conf problem
  • After googling, I found this patch which helped me to resolve the problem.

Now I am happy that, I am able to customize my latest Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin also.

References:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/129933/running-uck-causes-zenity-crashed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/uck/+bug/946480

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how to fix the resolv.conf in the terminal?

Suresh Raju Pilli said...

I hope these commands help to fix from the terminal
$ sudo rm -f /home/user/tmp/your_remaster_dir/etc/resolv.conf
$ sudo cp -f /etc/resolv.conf /home/user/tmp/your_remaster_dir/etc/

Featured Post

Java Introdcution

Please send your review and feedback to psrdotcom@gmail.com