November 18, 2012

Windows 8 Installation, Kaspersky Anti-Virus Issue and resolved

Hi,

After a big gap, I am writing this post.

Today, I have upgraded my sister's laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 8 Pro by purchasing online for just Rs. 1999/-. Its cool, I am liking the Windows 8 look and feel (Metro interface). I have created ISO image for backup.

But I got a problem with the KasperSky anti-virus. The version which I installed in Windows 7 doesn't support in Windows 8. While uninstalling from Windows 8, it was not successfully uninstalled.

So, I removed it from registry and corresponding folders in file explorer. It was suddenly not recognizing the trackpad and even mouse. So, using USB flash drive, I had burned ISO to a USB Pendrive and booted from it. Refreshed the OS.

You know what, all the installed apps were gone. It moved to a folder named Windows.old(>10GB). I decided to delete it. So, I performed "cleanmgr" and deleted the old windows folder Windows.old. Finally I have installed all the required softwares.

The apps from Windows store are ok. But not many apps ( I know still lot of apps will come). I liked the Wikimedia, Photofunia, ToDo, Tasklists, Engadget, etc.

Overall weekend spent on Installing Windows 8 and corresponding software updates.

Note: Please uninstall the anti-virus before you upgrading to Windows 8.

No comments:

Featured Post

Java Introdcution

Please send your review and feedback to psrdotcom@gmail.com