Paste and Auto-format Table records in Excel
While taking backup of the tables, we are doing the following steps.
1. Executing the query
2. Copying the content from pl/sql developer
3. Opening excel and paste the copying content
4. If we want multiple tables to take backup, we need select next sheet and paste the content
5. If we need more than 3 sheets we are adding new sheets.
6. Just copying content from the pl/sql developer doesn’t finish our work, am I right?
7. We need to format the data too.
So, I just tried to create one auto-formatter which will paste the data and auto-format the data.
Please download the attachment and unzip the file.
After opening the excel file, do the following.
a) Please change the macro settings to "Disable all macros with notification"
Note: To see how you can change the macro settings, please see the following link
b) Please click on the "User Friendly Formatter" button and follow the procedure.
c) It will open a new file and asks you to save the file.
d) Copy the content from pl/sql developer, when it displayed the following pop-up window.
e) The data will be auto formatted and then asks user for continuation by displaying the following window.
f) If user wants to continue, user can click “Yes” button, and the next sheet will be auto-selected.
g) Goto step (d)
h) When your clicks on “No” button, the file will be autosaved.
Please see the macro code and change according to your requirements.
Note: Please send your feedback and comments