I have successfully jailbroken the iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.3 of my friend. After watching lot of videos from Youtube, I followed these steps.
Download and install latest iTunes on PC
Download Apple iOS 4.3.3 firmware IPSW file
Download latest RedSn0w for Windows
- Unzip the RedSn0w file and execute the "redsn0w.exe" file (Better to run the exe as "Run as Administrator")
- Click on "Browse" and select the downloaded iOS 4.3.3 firmware file "iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw"
- Click on "Next"
- The "iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw" file will get processed and patches will be applied to iOS kernel
- Select the "Install Cydia" option, if it hasn't selected
- Click "Next"
- Please see the instructions carefully
- In this step, you need to switch off the device and iPhone should be connected to PC
- Now, we need perform very important step of the jailbreaking, i.e. putting iPhone in DFU mode
- Press and hold the "Power Button" for 3 seconds
- Now, without leaving the "Power Button", press and hold the "Home" button of the iPhone for 10 Seconds
- Final step, Leave the "Power Button" but hold the "Home" button of the iPhone device for 15 Seconds
- You can see on PC that it was successfully entered into DFU mode
- You can see some commands are running on the iPhone 4 (Don't get scared, no issue with your device)
- After successfully jailbreak the device, iPhone will get rebooted.
Jailbreak Verification Step:
- If the device is Jailbreaked then the Cydia app will be installed on your iPhone
- You can browse the iOS filesystem from it
Problems and Solution:
- If you have problems in entering into DFU mode, then the iPhone will move to "Restore" mode
- To come out of "Restore" mode, Press and hold the both "Power Button" and "Home Button" for 10 Seconds
- Again do the procedure from start