Are you getting bored with the same command prompt with black colored background and other settings?
You can customize your own command prompt and you can start from the preferred location (Directory) path, choose your own icon and lot more.
Go ahead by following the below steps ..
Creating the shortcut icon on Destop
- Right click on the desktop, select "New" -> "shortcut"
- Browse for the command prompt executable file "cmd.exe"
- If you have installed your Operating System in C drive then the path might be similar to this
- Click on "Next"
- Type the name for this shortcut, something like "MyCmdPrompt"
- Click on "Finish"
- Now you can see your command prompt named of your own choice
- Now, you can change some properties of your command prompt
Changing the properties of the custom command prompt
- Right click on the newly created shortcut from the Desktop
- Select "Shortcut" tab and change the following settings
- Change the starting directory: Specify your own choice of directory path in the "Start in" box.
- Default Start in path: C:\Windows\System32
- Change the icon of your own choice: Click on "Change Icon" and Click on "Browse" button and Select the "C:\Windows\System32\imageres.dll" to list all the windows installed icons.
- Select an icon of your own choice and Click on "Ok"
- Run as Administrator by default: Click "Advanced" button, Select "Run as administrator" and Click "Ok"
- Select "Options" tab and change the following settings
- Check "Quick Edit mode" to copy and paste easily
- Select "Font" tab and change the following settings
- select your desired "Font" and "Size" settings
- Select "Layout" tab and change the following settings
- select your desired "Window Size"
- Note: To see a bigger screen, increase the "Width and Height" attributes of the "Window Size"
- You can preview, your settings in the left side preview
- Select "Colors" tab, You might be bored by seeing the same black and white combination.
- Choose your desired colors for Background, Foreground colors for both the "Screen" and "Pop-Up screen"
- Click on "Apply" and then "Ok" to see your own command prompt.
Hope this post is useful to you customize your own Command Prompt in Windows 7.
For further queries, mail to email@example.com