If you are using Eclipse with Java or any other platform and you are planning to install the C/C++(CDT) Plugin then please follow the steps.
- In Eclipse, Click the Help->"Install New Software"
- You will get a Install named window
- Click "Add" button
- Enter the name as "CDT Plugin" [Without Double quotes " "]
- Location as "http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/(Your Eclipse Version)" [Without Double quotes " "]
- Example: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/indigo
- You can find your suitable Eclipse link from this http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/downloads.php
- Common Error: While copying from the CDT Download page, we usually copies the entire path from the webpage including the dot(.) which they provided.
- http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/indigo. -- Incorrect Location
- http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/indigo -- Correct Location
- Please remove the dot(.) at the end while adding the CDT Plugin location from the link.
- In "Install" Window, "Work with" textbox, please type the CDT and you will prompted with different options, Select the desired option and click/hit "Enter/Return" button.
- It will show the similar kind of screen as shown below
- You can select the all/desired tools to download
- Please "Restart Eclipse" to complete the CDT Plugin installation for Eclipse
- Now you can develop your C/C++ applications with Eclipse
Happy Coding ..
For further queries, please mail to email@example.com